Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

British Airborne Divison mess decoration

Article about: Hi Guys, here is another item from my collection. This one came from a large lot of painted shields which a dealer had purchased directly from the Ministry of Defence at auction. The came ou

Default British Airborne Divison mess decoration

Hi Guys, here is another item from my collection.

This one came from a large lot of painted shields which a dealer had purchased directly from the Ministry of Defence at auction. The came out of an unknown base, and most likely were decoration from the Mess. I would imagine the Sgt's or Officer's mess?

All the shields displayed formation signs from WW2. I was lucky and managed to get this one. The more famous or elite units sold quickly, while the less well known ones took a while to sell. It measures 17.5 inches by 12.5 inches.

As you can see the back is marked "Airborne Division". Each one was neatly marked with the units name.

There is some damage to the paint overall which is to be expected, but some damage looks like it has been done with an air rifle! I think there must have been some high jinx in the mess one evening! Look at the neat line of shots to the body of Belaraphon who sits astride Pegasus.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Airborne Divison mess decoration   British Airborne Divison mess decoration  

British Airborne Divison mess decoration  

?

Default Re: British Airborne Divison mess decoration

Ade a very nice piece of art you have there. Gary