Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Colonel/Brigadier para beret

Article about: On its way but the sellers pics for now, parachute/airborne forces maroon beret with Brigadier/Colonel or Staff Officers bullion badge. It has the ribbed silk edging typical of WWII and earl

Quote by TheSprog View Post
    He was wondering how much such a beret would be worth?

Sorry, we don't make valuations here, not to be difficult or unhelpful but for very good reasons it is against forum policy.

Regards

Mark
    PS I assume your friend has internet access and could do a little research to give him an idea?
    Last edited by Watchdog; 03-10-2021 at 02:59 PM. Reason: PS
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Sorry, we don't make valuations here, not to be difficult or unhelpful but for very good reasons it is against forum policy.

Regards

Mark
    PS I assume your friend has internet access and could do a little research to give him an idea?
    Mark,

Understood. I've been trying to find out on his behalf but I have not seen any similar berets being sold on eBay. (My usual go-to to assess any current market values)

Regards,

Quote by TheSprog View Post
    Mark,

Understood. I've been trying to find out on his behalf but I have not seen any similar berets being sold on eBay. (My usual go-to to assess any current market values)

Regards,
    To be honest Ebay is perhaps the last place to look for such an item as any prices would likely be the fanciful product of the sellers imagination based upon what they think they can get away with considering the "special forces" cachet. Plus there is always the possibility that two or more "Ebay truffle hunters" will get into a frenzied bidding war which will give an even more distorted view of a realistic valuation.
    Also I am sure you appreciate that a disproportionate number of this type of item on that august platform will be put togethers or outright fakes.

If I go after a collectible on Ebay I do so only when 100% certain of the item and generally will set a max price that I am willing to pay. As soon as I see that achieved in a bid or a number of bids in quick succession (indicating a fight) I withdraw. I've never been turned over yet but I know plenty of people who regularly suffer "buyer regret". So, as I say it's probably a useless source for true valuations.

I would search dealer sites and auction sites. Perhaps you could make speculative enquiries with dealers but I would caution that a dealers buying price will be considerably less than the selling price!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2