Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cricket used during D-Day?

Article about: Well I would love to see the brass ones... are the for sale anywere?

Default Cricket used during D-Day?

Hi all,
    I saw this ad on ebay and was wondering if this was really used?

Rare US WWII D-Day Paratrooper "Froggy" signal clicker - eBay (item 160460284379 end time Jul-31-10 23:21:02 PDT)

I once read that there was a shortice of the well known crickets but not sure if these were used.. The reason I ask is that I got one myself which I bought in Normandy when I was about 10 years old.. 25 years ago time flies

Eric

Default Re: Cricket used during D-Day?

I'm sure that one is an actual toy that the D-Day Crickets originated from and not a military item, it also doesnt look like its from the Second World War aswell, it just looks too new to me.

Thanks

Danny

Hi Danny,

Yeah good point.. they do look to new.. I wonder if some examples have survived and are in collecting hands?
    I will also ask on another forum just very curious :-)

Cheers,
    Eric

PS here are some pics of the one I bought 25 years ago in Normandy.. I guess that almost makes it an antique item
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cricket used during D-Day?   Cricket used during D-Day?  

Cricket used during D-Day?   Cricket used during D-Day?  

This type of crickets were made in France during 1970 and 1980 and now are sold for the real deal.there was some use by the paratroopers that look like this one but only go for 40 to 50$ not 250$ and most of the one that everyone knowns that are for sell are fakes.the Reproduction are NOT like the real one.

Hi Chris,

Do you happen to have a picture of the real one? or do you know if someone has one in there collection??

Best regards,
    Eric

btw I paid around 35 USD at the time since my father paid for it he was able to tell me he has got a good memory :-)

Eric

even if that was real, just way too much money for it, just my opinion.

Quote by ww2collector View Post
    Hi Chris,

Do you happen to have a picture of the real one? or do you know if someone has one in there collection??

Best regards,
    Eric
    Sorry all the collectors of Airborne stuff that I know only want the brass one or have the Brass one.They just stay away from the different type because there is not way to really prove it is real.But if you are wanting to see original brass one not a problem.

It sure is alot of money...250 USD.. maybe even the 35 USD but I am curious to see if someone has the real thing ( assuming that mine and the ebay link are fakes... which seems to be the case :-) )

Quote by crazy horse View Post
    even if that was real, just way too much money for it, just my opinion.
    You are correct ,if it is real I would pay 40$.
    But the brass one in the hundreds of dollars.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast