Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Escape and Evasion Silk Map - Nagasaki and Kagoshima

Article about: Don't know much about these. But thought it would go well with a display so picked it up. Assume they are Escape and Evasion maps. Just not sure who used them? All branches? One side is Naga

MAP
    ?

Default Escape and Evasion Silk Map - Nagasaki and Kagoshima

Don't know much about these. But thought it would go well with a display so picked it up.

Assume they are Escape and Evasion maps. Just not sure who used them? All branches?

One side is Nagasaki (1944 dated map) and the other is Kagoshima (1943 dated map).

Lots of creases in the silk that I doubt will ever come out.

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

MAP nice map

MAP
    ?

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    MAP nice map
    ROFL! That completely escaped me when starting this thread! Thanks!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

This is a US produced map, primarily for the USAAF. They were printed on a man made fabric called Rayon (and not silk). After being produced they were folded to fit evasion wallets, so it’s not very often they you find them without creases. You could try pressing it between a tea towel (dish cloth in the US?!?) with a luke warm iron to get out the worst of the creases if you intend to frame it. In my experience Rayon maps are more fragile than silk and can split if they are repeatedly folded and unfolded.

MAP
    ?

Thanks for all the info. I don't intend to frame it. Too much real estate on the walls. And certainly don't want to learn how to use an iron LoL!

For now I think I will roll it up with my other flags