Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast

Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!

Article about: Very neat addition to your collection, fine maps indeed. All you need to find is a slight variation and then it is impossible to part with! I will be posting a very rare MI-9 German Identity

I have obtained a better version of the “out of sequence” 43 Series escape map Sheet C and Sheet E. It has a heat sealed edge and is near perfect condition. The “out of sequence” maps had a smaller print run than the “in sequence” maps. Just one map alludes me from having all of the known variants of the 43 Series (as per Barbara Bonds book)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!   Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  

Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!   Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  

Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!   Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  

Last edited by Grimebox; 06-19-2021 at 12:01 PM.

A black escape compass in blister with its lanyard. This type came in black and “clear” (more yellow really). I have shown it with my other “blister” compasses (I think I need to get more clear ones)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!   Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  

I got some more clear ones! First a clear blister with white lanyard

And a rarer round blister compass

An updated image of the blister compasses

In April 1944, the USAAF requested preparation of an addition cloth map of Mediterranean France and Lyons Torino. These map sheets were produced from the British GSGS 4072 paper series at a scale of 1:500,000 in the modified polyconic projection. The Kaumagraph Company printed and delivered 2,000 copies of this cloth map to the Army Map Service in June 1944. There was only one printing of this map; thus map Nos. 7/8 is relatively scarce. These escape maps were issued to the Mediterranean Allied Air Forces.

Last edited by Grimebox; 06-12-2021 at 06:15 PM.

This is a neat little booklet of a type I haven’t seen before. It is about 5”x3” and specifically for the Royal Navy and Royal Marines (sorry for the order of the images)

Last edited by Grimebox; 07-30-2021 at 10:22 AM.

A very rare British blood chit for airmen in Arabic countries. It is printed on linen backed paper.
    I have to say that it doesn’t really instil a lot of confidence!

I have shown it with my other Arabic related escape aids

An early, single sided, Bartholomew map of Norway - Sheet F. It has a hemmed edge and is shown alongside the later, double sided, heat sealed map of the same area.
    Note that the title has been reduced and is missing the “(TOP HALF)”

An early, hemmed edge silk map printed in black and green. As can be seen it is barely legible, which was a complaint of these early maps.

Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast