Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast

Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!

Article about: Very neat addition to your collection, fine maps indeed. All you need to find is a slight variation and then it is impossible to part with! I will be posting a very rare MI-9 German Identity

I don’t think I’ve shown these before. They’re not emergency rations so don’t really belong in this thread, however, they’re very useful for storing escape compasses in
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!   Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  

A very informative post with some very impressive items..

Thank you for sharing with us

Smitty

I have finally managed to obtain the last variant of 43 Series map which has alluded me for some time, most likely as only 10,000 were produced. I have only ever seen a couple of examples for sale which were out of my price range so I was very happy to get this one. As can be seen it is Sheet D and Sheet F. It is printed on Rayon with a heat sealed edge. It is noticeable that Sheet D is smaller than Sheet F.

According to Dr Barbara Bonds book the print run for the 43 Series are as follows:

43A/B - 350,000
    43C/D - 300,000
    43C/E - 60,000
    43D/F - 10,000
    43E - 4,500
    43E/F - 35,000
    43F/G - 15,000
    43G/H - 35,000
    43K East/West - 350,000
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!   Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  

Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!   Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  

Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!   Escape and Evasion / Survival aids - Silk maps and Escape Compasses + more!  

A 24 hour ration tin. This would have contained 63 Horlicks tablets. They were issued as part of dinghy and lifeboat rations

Some more US Navy training posters

Another Anglo Egyptian Sudan map dated 1939. This one covers Reira

Sheet 56-A covering Kassala.

Sheet 45-K covering Atbara. This map has the remnants of a paper label on the rear.

Sheet 45-L covering Adarama.

This is an unusual map, or cloth chart as the Americans referred to it, that I have been after for a while. As far as I am aware it is the only map that also included a “blood chit”. It covers part of China, Burma and India and is printed on rayon.

Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast