Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

FSSF devils brigade patch for review

Article about: Seen this FSSF patch for sale at a reasonable price, to me it looks authentic but I am not an insignia collector, what are everyone’s thoughts on this patch? Wartime original, or a good fa

?

Default FSSF devils brigade patch for review

Seen this FSSF patch for sale at a reasonable price, to me it looks authentic but I am not an insignia collector, what are everyone’s thoughts on this patch? Wartime original, or a good fake?

Thanks - Dirk
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture FSSF devils brigade patch for review   FSSF devils brigade patch for review  

I think you are good to go Dirk! Nice original for me.

Construction looks the same as mine.
    Ralph.

FSSF devils brigade patch for reviewFSSF devils brigade patch for review
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks for the reply Ralph, though I must say, when compared to yours the one in question looks rather poor on the obverse. Would it be standard to see such differing qualities?

- - ------- - -

Thanks for your response John, it seemed too good to be true to me, listed for only $99

-Dirk

Dirk,

The patch you are wanting to purchase is fine. There were some variations, but the US made FSSF patches were not that rare and relatively common to find. The average prices for these in the early 2000s was around $25-$35 each, so factor in 20 plus years as well as the dwindling supply of originals now and I would say that the price is about right between $75-90 dollars. Now obviously with some type of proven provenance with the patch, (discharge papers, uniform, veteran name with solid proof may increase the price)..

I would have no issues with this one. I can't get to mine at the moment to compare but I would not worry about the loose threads... These can be very easily clipped with a small pair of scissors if desired...

Best regards

Smitty

?

Thanks for your reply Smitty. I have seen the threads from 06 talking about them being common and worth only about $30. Iam surprised to hear they can be found for $75 still, I’ve found them locally for sale around $200+ CAD at best.

-Dirk

Dirk,

Prices will vary among venders, I recall getting one many years ago (20 yrs. at least) at an ASMIC Convention in Denver, Colorado from a very well-known and respected dealer Jim McDuff. He had patch bins on his table, and I was lucky to find a very nice example FSSF patch in his $5.00 patch bin.

They are out there to be had and sometimes you can get lucky.. The $200 CAD seems very high but again since these may not be as common in Canada and possibly due to the uniqueness of the combined force are a few reasons that the price is so high. Now try finding an Italian woven made one,, this will certainly be in the several hundred dollar range..

Smitty