Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Loops on Airborne Battledress epaulettes

Article about: Hi, I would like some insight and help identifying the significance of the different slide on Loops and the meanings of the colors. In particular the, black loops on the epaulettes this Brit

?

Default Loops on Airborne Battledress epaulettes

Hi,
    I would like some insight and help identifying the significance of the different slide on Loops and the meanings of the colors. In particular the, black loops on the epaulettes this British Airborne battle dress. I have also seen other British Airborne Battledress with different colors (yellow, red etc).
    Any help on the black loop would be appreciated.

Loops on Airborne Battledress epaulettesLoops on Airborne Battledress epaulettes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Loops on Airborne Battledress epaulettes  

?

In 6th Airborne Division the different Battalions used coloured loops to identify themselves - I'm sure there are details online of which colour for which unit - in 1st Airborne Division the 10th Battalion the Parachute Regiment wore a similar thing and 1st Battalion the Border Regiment wore slip on's but these were used to identify the Companies within the Battalion

edit to add a link with more details Parachute Regiment Battle Dress - Page 3 - British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

?

Thanks AB64! That link you sent was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again.