Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

My favourite 'Arnhem' autograph.

Article about: I've gathered a few Arnhem-related signatures over the years, but this is my favourite :-

Arrow My favourite 'Arnhem' autograph.

I've gathered a few Arnhem-related signatures over the years, but this is my favourite :-

Lightbulb

I've just managed to acquire a 'second favourite' for my collection. For some odd reason, I've found it quite difficult to find the signature of Major Tony Hibbert MC, who commanded Brigade HQ Company at Arnhem Bridge. ( Or maybe I've ben looking in the wrong places...). Anyhow, thanks to evilbay, signed in felt-tip :-

great to see some British autographs.

I have one for Tasker Watkins VC
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My favourite 'Arnhem' autograph.  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Arrow

And here's a familiar signature of one of the key Arnhem personalities which isn't hard to find. Brigadier John Hackett, commander 4th Parachute Brigade, who jumped with his men directly into battle on the second day of the operation.

Surviving serious wounding and evading capture, he went on to become General Sir John Hackett, GCB CBE DSO & Bar MC, finally passing away in 1997. Many examples of his signature can be found today on ebay etc ; always clear and consistent which I like to think follows his meticulous character. He was always prepared sign items provided that any monies were donated to Airborne Forces charities.