Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Need help authenticating 101st airborne patches

Article about: Dear Fellow collectors, I bought this patch last May and would like to know if this is an original type 1 patch from WW2? Thanks for the help provided. Bas

Default Need help authenticating 101st airborne patches

Dear Fellow collectors,

I bought this patch last May and would like to know if this is an original type 1 patch from WW2?

Thanks for the help provided.

Bas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help authenticating 101st airborne patches   Need help authenticating 101st airborne patches  

Hi Bas

Your patch is WWII era however yourtab is post WWII 1960's.

Again I dont collect the "Types" just if its WWII or post WWII which I collect.

cheers

Phill

Dear Phill,

Thank you for your reply. The dealer site stated that the tab is a mint condition British type (see picture attached). So you have a keen eye for detail, since the tab is indeed different. Is it possible that the tab is a WWII British type or are you certain that it is post WW2?

Thank you for your additional assistance.

Bas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help authenticating 101st airborne patches  

I have found a very similar tab that is purported to be a British made WWII tab (see attached screenshot of website). Is mine also British WWII?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help authenticating 101st airborne patches  

Hi Bas

I stand corrected yes that is a British WWII tab, however it doesn't go with the patch.

Unless you have provenance , it should go with a British made patch.

I looked on the website and all his patches are legit , although far too expensive , save yourself money and by in US the standard WWII eagle is about 100 Euro then goes up.

cheers

Phill

Dear Phill,

Many thanks for your affirmation of the authenticity of my 101st patch. I will look for a seperate US first type tab that goes with the SSI. For the British tab I have to find a British SSI, not that easy but I have the time

Best,
    Bas