Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Parachute

Article about: It was on the harness. I am not going to open it since I am concerned I can't get it put back together again. Thank you very much for your help

Default Re: Parachute

It was on the harness. I am not going to open it since I am concerned I can't get it put back together again.

Thank you very much for your help

?

im sure there is bound to be a skydive/parachute centre somewhere near you, if you take it there they usually have qualified riggers on site and a lot of them are ex military. Either way they could open it, tell you the type, check if it is jumpable and repack it for you. Dont know how much they would charge you over there, you may be lucky and the rigger will be interested to find out himself lol.

- - Updated - -

If there is a good, usable vintage rig in there it could be valuable to the right buyer.

What would you estimate it's worth? It is a nice souvenir, but it is just sitting in my basement.

?

Again it would depend on what the chute is, there are often special meets (or boogies in the skydive world) solely for vintage parachutes. Obviously if its rare but jumpable it could be hundreds to the right buyer. If not then maybe a hundred or whatever you could get on ebay

Jumped this type of chute many times Ex USAF 1960's Service/survival chute, British sport clubs bought these because UK MOD Butchered the out of date chutes by cutting of the rigging lines and Harness. the parachute inside is in three colours Orange/white/ Olive green so it could be used in survival situation. It will need to be opened and re-packed as I would imagine the elastic bands that hold the rigging lines will have perished.

?

It looks just like a mid 60s Canadian Para Rescue type pack, I have a couple somewhere that were not used, as both Canada and the US used the same equipment in many cases I would think it would date around that time...is the chute green?

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

Quote by Airborne warrior View Post
    the parachute inside is in three colours Orange/white/ Olive green so it could be used in survival situation.
    They had one of these canopies draped on the hangar wall when I attended No 1 PTS in the 1980s. Watching "Inside Brize Norton" (Sky 1 TV), last year, I was astounded to see that it's STILL there in the same place!

If it's not been touched in over 25 years, the mind boggles as to what you'd find behind it.

• The entrance to a Cold War bunker?
    • Shergar?
    • Lord Lucan?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2