Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SAS Beret

Article about: Can someone tell me if this is an 80's beret, I'm pretty sure it is.

Default SAS Beret

Can someone tell me if this is an 80's beret, I'm pretty sure it is.
    SAS Beret
    SAS Beret

the best wat to date it is the code under his name tag, but 80's seems right
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks Jerry.

I have just picked up one of these without a badge, is that the correct badge type for the 8os beret?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    the best wat to date it is the code under his name tag, but 80's seems right
    Old post but somebody woke it up so probably still worth a comment.

I agree with Jerry. The pattern is 100% correct for the period but also earlier and later. I was issued with that pattern of beret in 1975.
    As Jerry says, the contract number concealed by that "Dymo-tape" label (which will likely fall off if you just blow on it as it was never meant for soft surfaces!) will give a pretty good time frame.
    It looks to start with 'CT' so that could cover contracts between '79 - '97.

Beret looks good to me anyway. I can't see the badge well enough in the picture but I can't see an after market badge being on an original beet. Do you have any provenance for it?

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 03-21-2024 at 11:06 AM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I have just picked up a similar beret, will post a picture after lunch, i need a badge for it though

Cheers

This is my recent acquisition, just need a period badge for it now

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SAS Beret   SAS Beret  

SAS Beret  

Early '80s I reckon and a good size too!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Cheers
    Anybody have a period badge I can attach !