Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Schrade presto auto knife, civilian M2 model?

Article about: Morning all, got this from my mom when my grandmother passed. I believe it is the civilian model of the Schrade M2 paratroopers knife. Nice patina and action is solid, functions like it shou

Default Schrade presto auto knife, civilian M2 model?

Morning all, got this from my mom when my grandmother passed. I believe it is the civilian model of the Schrade M2 paratroopers knife. Nice patina and action is solid, functions like it should. Anyone have any thoughts or intel on it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schrade presto auto knife, civilian M2 model?   Schrade presto auto knife, civilian M2 model?  

Schrade presto auto knife, civilian M2 model?   Schrade presto auto knife, civilian M2 model?  

He pulls a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue!*That's*the*Chicago*way!

Very nice Schrade and highly collectable as well. Be careful concerning the local laws of ownership, though, as some states are highly picky about auto knives. Welcome to the Forum, by the way!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

That is slick!!! I like the shaped hand guard on that one. Arizona is one of those states where we can enjoy these type's of toy's!!! I also have a concealed weapons permit so I can go for the big one's.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks for the greetings. Here in Oklahoma we are allowed to carry "assisted" openers, but this one stays in the safe. What amazes me is the design. You see a lot of autos and assist's with the same concept. The fact that it is as old as it is and functions like it did new is a testament to what made in the USA use to stand for.
    He pulls a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue!*That's*the*Chicago*way!

Swicthblades were not all that uncommon in the US
    until Congress passed the "Switchblade knife act of 1958".
    Here in Wisconsin, you can still go to jail for even owning a
    switchblade, yet alone carrying one on you. I have seen
    it happen.
    Last edited by Chopperman; 04-27-2014 at 03:17 PM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Great looking knife!....

?

Very nice I like it a lot . Gary

Anyone have an estimated value for this beauty? All my research can't pin this specific model down.