Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sten MkV and a few British Airborne pieces

Article about: I've added a Sten MkV to my collection so I thought I'd photograph it with a few of my other bits and pieces (The smock is post war - can't have everything I suppose)

?

Those eyes are a little unsettling...!

Cracking setup.
    Well done!

Bob

Wonderful looking mannequin.. This is museum quality work...I would not have any issues having this in our US Army Museum of the Non Commissioned Officer..., in fact it would be a highlight mannequin...Well done

Smitty

?

Museum of the NCO?
    What a fabulous thing... the people that keep every army working!

All the best,
    Bob

I generally am not a fan of mannequins. I find them a bit creepy.
    but I like this one. Maybe because of the subject matter. It's not often
    that you see one in a fighting stance, holding a F-S knife.
    Last edited by Chopperman; 05-18-2019 at 01:11 PM. Reason: I can't spell for shite
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    I generally am not a fan of mannequins. I fiind them a bit creepy.
    but I like this one. Maybe because of the subject matter. It's not often
    that you see one in a fighting stance, holding a F-S knife.
    I must admit that when I bought him (quite cheaply I might add) I wasn’t sure what I was going to do due his strange pose. Being a Hindsgaul he is well made so I didn’t want to start chopping him up. I’m glad the pose worked out well in the end. I’m not quite sure of what he was meant to look like originally in a shop setting, without all of the combat gear he looks a bit like he should be propping up a bar

Thought I should add this to the thread. I bought it a few years ago for £5. An airborne sleeping or ‘whitley’ Bag. As well as for sleeping in they were used to keep paratroopers warm in the aircraft before they jumped
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sten MkV and a few British Airborne pieces   Sten MkV and a few British Airborne pieces  

Sten MkV and a few British Airborne pieces   Sten MkV and a few British Airborne pieces  

?

Some really nice stuff here & the display looks great.. I have a British Para myself with some original & repro stuff..Cheers Terry.

Thought I’d add my “Tabby” night vision monocular to this thread
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sten MkV and a few British Airborne pieces   Sten MkV and a few British Airborne pieces  

Sten MkV and a few British Airborne pieces   Sten MkV and a few British Airborne pieces  

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    Thought I should add this to the thread. I bought it a few years ago for £5. An airborne sleeping or ‘whitley’ Bag. As well as for sleeping in they were used to keep paratroopers warm in the aircraft before they jumped
    I found these images on the internet of the sleeping bags in use. These are first period images that I have seen so I thought I’d stick them here for posterity

Thanks for re-igniting this thread, one I think I missed before.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast