Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Theature made patch merrills marauders burma

Article about: I have owned these awhile .anybody familiar with theature made patches of this unit.bullion patches came from estate awhile back if they are authentic theature patches any help thanks alot g

Default Theature made patch merrills marauders burma

I have owned these awhile .anybody familiar with theature made patches of this unit.bullion patches came from estate awhile back if they are authentic theature patches any help thanks alot good day
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Theature made patch merrills marauders burma   Theature made patch merrills marauders burma  

Typical Pakistani made c1980's

The patches do not correspond to any known WWII CBI examples and the backing is typical of Pakistani made from the 80's. Another trait is the wide felt background also the bullion is not correct.

Originals tend to be well worn embroidered on cloth , leather and the overall look of bullion would be consistant with age and use, original unused never seen the light of day would be very rare and expensive.

There were a lot of elite designs made in the 80's , you normaly see 82nd and 101 in this configration.

Phill

Thank you I figured it was fake thanks.i have other patches .iam not sure about post them thanks phill from the 🇺🇸

The issue with these are collectors have not yet determine who or why they were made.

Fakes are made to deliberately deceive collectors. These do not look anything like the original patches.

I would say more likely reproduction to be sold as fillers or maybe for reunions.

What happens is these end up in decdeased collections/estates and sold as original WWII pieces by the family(who dont know) and dubious dealers , when the originl intension could have been a filler until they received a real one.

Phill