Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

12th Armored Division "Suicide Division " Ike Jacket

Article about: I see this as appropriate timing to show this rare beauty off! It's a minty complete Ike jacket Tech 5 rank from a fellow who served in the 12th AD division. Also called the "Suicide Di

There are quite a few fudged pieces on the market and the good ones go quick and generally for quite a pretty penny. Particularly as the prices seem to jump every couple of months lately.

I can't see paying $500 or more for an airborne piece. I may have to not collect any.

Mr. Jungerberg is included in the online roster of the 12th Armored Division on their website and was a member of the Association:

12th Armored Division

12th Armored Division

It appears he was a booster and fairly active in the association. The website has a link to their newsletters and a cursory search brings up a number of issues with his name in it, including his unfortunate passing in 2004.

https://texashistory.unt.edu/search/...sort=#result-3

Here's another site with a little more history of Mr. Jungerberg. It looks like he was entitled to two bronze service stars on his EAME campaign ribbon:

Arvin E Jungerberg

Also included are three pictures which I've also attached from the website above.

MAP
    ?

Quote by aurelius180 View Post
    I'm not sure if you've seen it but his wife had written a nice write-up on the WWII Memorial Registry. Also on Find A Grave is his obit and a picture.

https://www.wwiimemorial.com/Registr...noreeID=437016

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/f...716039&df=all&
    My Aunt did that for my uncle who was a crew chief for B17's.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Arvin was a little fellow. His jacket is on the smaller side 😊

Nice uniform but the ribbons are in the wrong order. They should be as follows;
    left to right looking at the uniform
    1. American Campaign medal
    2. European African Middle Eastern Campaign medal
    3. WWII Victory medal

You might see if you can find his DD-214 and perhaps do a bit more research as to how many battle stars should be on the EAME medal. he should have at least a couple on there.

Burt

Hi Burt. The uniform came this way. I may just leave it be as not to break any of the ribbons removing them 😊

Quote by humble collector View Post
    Hi Burt. The uniform came this way. I may just leave it be as not to break any of the ribbons removing them 😊
    It's certainly not uncommon to see ribbons out of order or not sporting all of the ribbons/accessories the wearer was entitled too. Regulations were not nearly as rigidly followed as they are today. I typically leave them as well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4