Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

187th Airborne Regimental Combat Team Uniforms

Article about: I wanted to start a thread to show some of my 187th/11th Airborne uniforms in my collection. I served in the 187th and I have relatives that also served in the regiment, one making both comb

Phill,

Once again many thanks for the informative posting.. It is greatly appreciated... It is great to share the knowledge amongst collectors..

Smitty

Here is a pic of the fellas from D Co. 187th AIR 11th AB DIV back in Saporro Japan 1949.. Grandpa is far upper right.. PFC Ruiz

Excellent photo..

I have more uniforms to post when time permits.. Time consuming to take pictures and other life commitments have taken me from collecting at the moment. Please forgive me everyone for my lack of posting lately...

Smitty

Hi Team

I want to bring Smitty's excellent 187th ARCT post back.

Recently I received a bunch of 1950's era Ranger ovals ,scrolls and amongst this lot was listed as Ranger ovals.

I checked with the Kellers , who have an excellent publication on WWII- 1965 period Ranger scrolls, flashes and ovals and we agree that the below ovals are 187th AIR (11th Abn Div.) late 40's pre the standard oval that was worn by the 187th.

I want to keep this with this post as it transforms to187th ARCT.

I'm Hoping Smitty can add to the post to ID the below is for 187th AIR late 40's.

187th is one of my favourite units with its illustrious history both military and insignia wise to collect.

Ranger/187th
    187th Airborne Regimental Combat Team Uniforms 187th Airborne Regimental Combat Team Uniforms

Ranger/187th Vinyle covered
    187th Airborne Regimental Combat Team Uniforms187th Airborne Regimental Combat Team Uniforms

Ranger Lot/506th AIR 1st Abn BG Oval

187th ARCT Korean war era

Rakkasans!

Phill

Phill,

Thank you posting these,,

I will have to dig out some information but I agree with the initial assessment and concur with the Keller's thoughts on early Ranger/187th Oval.

Thank you..

I need to get some more 187th items posted..

Smitty

Hi Smitty

I'm following up on the use of the oval as 187th AIR as in Kellers book its listed as Ranger Training Centre Ft Benning 1950, so just getting clarification.

A note to the forum, post WWII Airborne ovals were re used by differant units as they were deactivated at end of WWII or role changed and or reactivated during the Korean war.

The 187th went thru 3 major Oval colour changes from WWII to post Korea.

Note approx dates 187th AIR Yellow on black (the original post) 1945-51, Blue on Orange as 187th ARCT 1951-1955, Blue Border,white inner on red Oval 1955.

Again during this period ,1945-1955, one will also come across same coloured ovals used by several units within the same time frame and the only seperation is documented proof at that time of use by individual.

One also has to factor into account individuals changing units but using their original awarded oval in a new unit.

Phill

Phill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3