Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

1937 pattern Royal Engineers Staff Sgt's BD Blouse

Article about: Hi Guys, this one came into work today. Well used and with all original insignia in place. It has been faced to the collar and tailored to the breast (see the diagonal pleats above the breas

Default 1937 pattern Royal Engineers Staff Sgt's BD Blouse

Hi Guys, this one came into work today.

Well used and with all original insignia in place.

It has been faced to the collar and tailored to the breast (see the diagonal pleats above the breast pockets) and has had several replaced buttons and one repair to the side. Label is long gone and any ink inspection stamps have been washed out.

It is a really nice blouse and named too. As ever originally badged blouses don't show up too often now.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1937 pattern Royal Engineers Staff Sgt's BD Blouse   1937 pattern Royal Engineers Staff Sgt's BD Blouse  

1937 pattern Royal Engineers Staff Sgt's BD Blouse   1937 pattern Royal Engineers Staff Sgt's BD Blouse  

1937 pattern Royal Engineers Staff Sgt's BD Blouse  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

This one in the auction Ade in august too mate?got a link to the showroom/catalogue,please...........

Hi Jake, it will be.

I rescued this from the ignominy of this month's general sale!

The online catalogue will not be up until about a week before the sale.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Adrian

Have i blinked and missed, is this a site auction or one in Derbyshire?

It will be for sale where I work, come Aug 25th. You guys have sneek preview.

Cheers, Ade.

?

You sound like a lucky bloke having a job where stuff like that turns up Ade.

Tony

It is great Tony!

It also makes some nice threads for the forum (I hope).

Cheers, Ade.

A real cracker Ade, the insitu insignia is superb.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks Jerry. I know you would appreciate it.

Pity the label has gone.

On a side note about lables: I had a whole RAF LAC's uniform come in, SD cap, sd dress, sd trousers, and greatcoat. Early 50's (but with wartime printed shite hawks insignia to the SD jacket) and the family had cut off every label as the original owners name was inked on them. Grr.......And for good measure that hacked off all the buttons. It was a charity shop donation and the shop sent it in for auction.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade, I have the pleasure of saying that i am the proud new custodian of this.
    i couldnt resist.