Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

1980s USAF Dress Blues.

Article about: Some time ago I picked up a very nice 13 place ribbon bar from an enlisted USAF member with many years of service. It can be seen here; http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/insign...32/?highlight=

Default 1980s USAF Dress Blues.

Some time ago I picked up a very nice 13 place ribbon bar from an enlisted USAF member with many years of service. It can be seen here; US Air Force long serving ribbon bar.

Well, I finally have the tunic I believe it would have last been on. Here are some images of the tunic with the ribbon bar.
    1980s USAF Dress Blues.
    1980s USAF Dress Blues.
    1980s USAF Dress Blues.
    1980s USAF Dress Blues.

Just need the proper collar dogs and it should be done.
    Thanks for looking!

?

Nice one Carp!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Looking at the cheveron you did great for the dating for that MSgt. Later it looks like they took that bottom strip and moved them above for anything above Tech Sgt.
    I'm not well versed in USAF rank other than taking a course at Kessler AFB as a civiy and having to get to know what to call them,
    But what is the diamond above his stripes mean?

Semper Fi
    Phil

I believe the insignia to be for a First Sergeant.

1980s USAF Dress Blues.

I am glad i was able to find the right era tunic with rank that seemed to match a long career in the enlisted ranks. I am happy with the outcome. I have to get a set of appropriate collar devices and perhaps a set of wings or some other type of qualification.
    If anyone has prior experience in the USAF during the 80s and can give me any tips, it would be greatly appreciated.
    I got this tunic from the widow of a collector friend. He passed at the beginning of the covid issue and i was just able to visit her and see the scope of the collection he left behind. This tunic was in the basement, and the moment i saw it, i knew i had a place for it, so she gave it to me, refusing payment.