Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

63rd Division Chaplain uniform

Article about: Named Chaplain uniform to Captain CH Frank C. Rustemeyer with 63rd Division 254th Infantry Regiment. The Chaplain was a Veteran of the Battle of the Bulge and the Battle of Colmer Pocket. Th

Default 63rd Division Chaplain uniform

Named Chaplain uniform to Captain CH Frank C. Rustemeyer with 63rd Division 254th Infantry Regiment. The Chaplain was a Veteran of the Battle of the Bulge and the Battle of Colmer Pocket. The picture on the uniform is from when he graduated from Chaplain school and you can see how war aged him in the picture of him standing by the jeep. The pictures of the uniform are from the previous caretaker and they are better than mine. LOL

Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 63rd Division Chaplain uniform   63rd Division Chaplain uniform  

63rd Division Chaplain uniform   63rd Division Chaplain uniform  

Attached Images Attached Images 63rd Division Chaplain uniform 
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Nice seeing this one again Marty. Another great acquisition!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Nice seeing this one again Marty. Another great acquisition!
    Thanks Michael

?

Hi Marty! Very nice 63rd Chaplin uniform. I’m wondering if it the same Chaplin who volunteered My Dad to help load frozen German casualties into trucks during the Battle of the Bulge/ Operation Nordwind. My dad told me this story, but he was with The 63rd /255th IR. But it could have been him. Anyway! Good to see you and I still have the Wilson Helmet.

Quote by Obal7 View Post
    Hi Marty! Very nice 63rd Chaplin uniform. I’m wondering if it the same Chaplin who volunteered My Dad to help load frozen German casualties into trucks during the Battle of the Bulge/ Operation Nordwind. My dad told me this story, but he was with The 63rd /255th IR. But it could have been him. Anyway! Good to see you and I still have the Wilson Helmet.
    So good to hear from you and I know Wilson is in good hands but there is always a place for him back in Alabama LOL.
    Wow, what a story about your dad. I know your dad saw things that could not be put into words. Rustemeyer went from the 360th medical to the 254th IR. The Chaplains wore MANY hats to be there with the men. They gave comfort where ever and when ever they could and if it meant loading frozen bodies on trucks to be next to men such as your dad then he did it.
    I’m glad you like the uniform it’s going to have place in my war room when my son leaves for basic and I get the room back.

Marty

?

Default Chaplin / served in the CBI on the Burma Road

?

I was lucky enough to get this from the family.

Really nice find. Have you researched him?

?

Yes, Though his daughter and the internet, The Uniform /Coat belonged to her father Alfred Bertrum McKeith DOB 11-12-1894, DOD 06-24-88 Born in South Shields, England. Served In US Army 1941-44. He was a Chaplin in, Boston, Ma. Family moved from England to Blair, Nebraska Attended Theological College in Chicago, IL. Joined Army and sent to Camp Swift, Texas. As a Congregational Chaplin (New United Church of Christ), With 330th Engineer Regiment and was sent to CBI Theater of Operation. Retired as a Major.
    Army coat with CBI Patch on left shoulder, US and crosses on lapel.
    Army Ribbons: PTO w/ 2 stars, American Campaign, WW2 Victory ribbon and British Burma Star Ribbon.

?

63rd Division Chaplain uniform Beside the uniform, this is all that he brought back. FYI: While he was at Camp Swift, it housed German POW's. I also found reference to Chaplin McKeith holding service and burying a soldier who died while building the Burma Road.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast