Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

66th Division Ike / 1st Marine Air Wing tunic

Article about: There's not much to this Ike / shirt group. Just a random laundry number, an ADSEC patch with infantry collar disks and a June 3rd 1944 Manufacture date, but it has a 66th Infantry Division

Default 66th Division Ike / 1st Marine Air Wing tunic

66th Division Ike / 1st Marine Air Wing tunic66th Division Ike / 1st Marine Air Wing tunic66th Division Ike / 1st Marine Air Wing tunic

There's not much to this Ike / shirt group. Just a random laundry number, an ADSEC patch with infantry collar disks and a June 3rd 1944 Manufacture date, but it has a 66th Infantry Division patch on it, therefore it's cool. I personally haven't seen too many 66th Division Ikes with this patch on it.

66th Division Ike / 1st Marine Air Wing tunic66th Division Ike / 1st Marine Air Wing tunic

I also got this tunic with a 1st Marine Air Wing patch. No idea how old this jacket is, since I couldn't find a label. It's still pretty neat though.

Rusty,

Both uniforms are very nice, and I agree the 66th Patch is not very common. For the Marine uniform, check in the arm pit areas for the ink stamping. There may be a stamping in purple/blue ink with the Marine quartermaster depot and other information. The Marine's name may also be located in this area as well. The Marines marked (stenciled) their uniforms in less obvious areas versus the Army markings, hence the armpit area. The Marine Corps uniforms were not labeled as the Army uniforms were with paper tags (for the most part). The forest green uniform of the Marine Corps is WW2-Korea era.

Best regards

Smitty

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Rusty,

Both uniforms are very nice, and I agree the 66th Patch is not very common. For the Marine uniform, check in the arm pit areas for the ink stamping. There may be a stamping in purple/blue ink with the Marine quartermaster depot and other information. The Marine's name may also be located in this area as well. The Marines marked (stenciled) their uniforms in less obvious areas versus the Army markings, hence the armpit area. The Marine Corps uniforms were not labeled as the Army uniforms were with paper tags (for the most part). The forest green uniform of the Marine Corps is WW2-Korea era.

Best regards

Smitty

I never would have thought to look in the armpit area. I'll go check it out, thanks!

66th Division Ike / 1st Marine Air Wing tunic

Just found this in the armpit of the USMC jacket!