Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

82nd Airborne M43 Jacket

Article about: I came across this M43 field jacket with an 82nd Airborne patch; I believe the patch looks fine but always like to get other opinions as I know there are quite a few variants. Unfournently t

Default 82nd Airborne M43 Jacket

I came across this M43 field jacket with an 82nd Airborne patch; I believe the patch looks fine but always like to get other opinions as I know there are quite a few variants. Unfournently there are no tags on the jacket but I do love 101st and 82nd airborne stuff so this definitely caught my eye. Any opinions on the patch would be much appreciated

82nd Airborne M43 Jacket82nd Airborne M43 Jacket82nd Airborne M43 Jacket82nd Airborne M43 Jacket82nd Airborne M43 Jacket

SSI is an official US made schifli embroidered however I'm not to sure if it was sewn on during WWII era.

Have this feeling that the patch is post WWII, because it has not been hand cut right to the edge or there is too much khaki twill showing , which is normal to early Korean era patches.

Also note the bar in the A "Airborne" is missing , this would normally have been picked up and discarded at the factory.

Phill

Quote by Phill Lockett View Post
    SSI is an official US made schifli embroidered however I'm not to sure if it was sewn on during WWII era.

Have this feeling that the patch is post WWII, because it has not been hand cut right to the edge or there is too much khaki twill showing , which is normal to early Korean era patches.

Also note the bar in the A "Airborne" is missing , this would normally have been picked up and discarded at the factory.

Phill
    Thank you for the info!