Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

95th Infantry Grouping

Article about: As of lately I’ve had the good fortune of being able to buy some U.S. uniforms directly from the families of WWII veterans. This particular uniform grouping made it to me in the mail today

I talked to the grandson last night and he was able to give me some more information. Here is what he told me.

"His name was Donald William Myers. I think he was born in July 1921, and he passed in April of 1981. I believe he entered the army in 1941. He married my grandmother Freada Maxine Woods in 1942."

I tried my best to search for this man on the national archives database, but I couldn't find a Donald Myers with a 'W' middle initial for the state of Illinois. Maybe he resided in another state when he joined the army? I also looked high and low for any obituaries online, but sadly I came up empty handed. He passed quite a few years back, so I assume that's why I'm having such a hard time finding his obituary.

Best Regards- Jarret

Quote by Eagle mtn View Post
    Perhaps a picture of the right shoulder may help to figure out which patch used to be there.
    I'll try to upload some photos of the right shoulder soon. The evidence is faint on the Ike, but the khaki shirt has clear signs of a rectangular patch being there.

Best Regards- Jarret

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 95th Infantry Grouping  
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 95th Infantry Grouping   95th Infantry Grouping  

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Thank you so much for finding that for me Marty!

I looked on the WWII enlistment website for this man but came up empty handed. I was under the impression that the site had the same info as the national archives, but this just goes to show that they are not the definitive source.

Best Regards- Jarret

WOW!!

I definitely wasn't expecting anyone to find photos like these. This is truly amazing!!

Thank you soooo much Marty!!

Best Regards- Jarret

Interesting that he lived in Albion, his boss lived in Albion but place of employment is listed as Houston!

I found that interesting too. Being a Texan myself, I think it's cool how this man worked so close to my own home!

Best Regards- Jarret

Default Daily Republican Register Apr 14, 1981

Greetings Jarret,

Here is his Obituary. Unfortunately, not one mention of his service :-(

Best,

V/r Lance

95th Infantry Grouping

Thanks a ton Lance!

I'm amazed over the amount of info you guys were able to dig up. You certainly had a better outcome them me! It's a shame his obituary didn't mention his service. Since he was a member of his local VFW hall I would assume he was quite proud of his service. Nevertheless I'm very grateful for having an obituary at all. I'm going to print this out, along with the documents Marty found as well and keep them with the uniform.

Best Regards- Jarret

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast