Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

B-25 Pilot’s Uniform

Article about: Greetings, I am sharing one of the most important pieces in my collection today. This is a partial grouping Attributes to a B-25 Pilot who I knew as my great grandfather. Enjoy, it’s not m

TWS
    ?

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Ben,

This is a great uniform and story of your family's service to our Nation in a time of war.

Wonderful that you are the caretaker of these heirlooms

Smitty
    I can't say it better than Smitty. +1 to his comment.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

The ghost insignia mark looks like it was from a removed French Air Service insignia. Here is an image of a reproduction. These apparently were produced in bullion,, not certain, perhaps someone else can chime in. Have a great day!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture B-25 Pilot’s Uniform  

?

The reason for not being posted overseas may be due to his flying abilities. With the rapid and enormous expansion of the air corps, there was an equal urgency for instructors. Anyone with outstanding pilot skills would have been more use as an instructor.
    This would be a fantastic grouping, even if you had no idea who it belonged to. The fact that it was your Grandfather’s makes it all the more special.
    I have no doubt you will guard it well.

All the best,
    Rob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2