Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bombardier Grouping

Article about: I picked this up out of an estate sale yesterday, really a great grouping, it cost me 100\\$ total, which for everything here I think is very well worth it. The group consists of His tunic (st

Default Bombardier Grouping

I picked this up out of an estate sale yesterday, really a great grouping, it cost me 100$ total, which for everything here I think is very well worth it. The group consists of His tunic (stripped unfortunately), three undershirts, pair of trousers, side cap, crusher cap, and his wings. Not named/ marked very well so I doubt I can research much here.

Happy Hunting,
    Bodhi

Bombardier GroupingBombardier GroupingBombardier GroupingBombardier GroupingBombardier GroupingBombardier GroupingBombardier GroupingBombardier GroupingBombardier GroupingBombardier Grouping

Here are his wings, I was incredibly excited when I found them hiding in the bottom pocket of his tunic. However I am not sure if these are wartime or a post war replacement. There is ghosting of wings on the tunic.

Bombardier GroupingBombardier GroupingBombardier GroupingBombardier GroupingBombardier Grouping

Very well worth, Bodhi.
    Congratulations.
    Regards
    Santi

Another great grouping.

The Army Air Corps patches are very nice Felt made patches, these have survived the moths quite well. The Crusher cap is actually in very good condition other than the cracking on the visor. The exchange marker inside the crusher is a bonus. Carlsbad, NM is about 2-hour drive Northwest of where I live. The areas in Carlsbad, NM was as large Air Corps training base and they trained various crew positions as well as trained crews that were formed prior to overseas shipment.

For $100.00 you did quite well. The shirts and pants look to be in very good condition. The wings themselves could range between $65-$85 and even more depending on what they are and the maker.

Very nice Bombardier Wings. Not too versed on this unmarked maker but some others may be able to identify the maker based on shape of wings, feathers etc.

Smitty

Thank you both! I was very happy with how well preserved this group all was, it was just hung up in their basement in the open.

?

$100 = “quite well”?!
    Massive understatement there, Smitty!
    I would say ‘exceedingly well’...

Take a look inside the inner breast pocket, Bodhi; there may be a tailor’s label/name tag...

It's always a huge plus or a gigantic bonus when you find something related (patch, wings or similar) in a pocket! Dale

It is indeed! I was super happy to have found them.