Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian Battledress with US Army patches?

Article about: Has anyone ever heard of a Canadian battledress with US patches on it? I don't have any photos but I'd thought I'd ask here. I found a battledress dated 1944 with an American Third Army patc

Default Canadian Battledress with US Army patches?

Has anyone ever heard of a Canadian battledress with US patches on it? I don't have any photos but I'd thought I'd ask here. I found a battledress dated 1944 with an American Third Army patch on the sleeve along with a US France Aid patch on the shoulder. Really strange.

Quote by Slendydrumplay View Post
    Has anyone ever heard of a Canadian battledress with US patches on it? I don't have any photos but I'd thought I'd ask here. I found a battledress dated 1944 with an American Third Army patch on the sleeve along with a US France Aid patch on the shoulder. Really strange.
    I remember going to a state National Guard museum and seeing a British Battledress with a 45th ID patch on it. I was told it came from a former POW who was given it when released. So I'd vote that it is quite possible!

Hi there

You kind of need images.

Example what patch is on which shoulder , are they standard US made or theatre made, whats the stitching like.

One could speculate ,it could be legit or put together post WWII.

There are oddities that can occur with the amount of nationality liason units between countries especially 1944 in Britain.

I have seen British individual wearing US patch individual was liason between US 5 Army and Brit 8 army

Aus/NZ personel in the pacific wore a mixture of British/US camo/HBT uniforms.

Be interesting to see.

Phill

Canadians wore the US/Canada First Special Service Force (Devils Brigade) patch on their uniforms so it is very possible as Phil has indicated that liaisons to the US forces could have worn US insignia on their uniforms.

Here is a Canadian Battledress with a US made FSSF shoulder patch.

I will also echo what others have said, the importance of images can help validate if a uniform is authentic or not

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian Battledress with US Army patches?