Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Cheap and Weird: 8th AAF/Far East Ike

Article about: So this is a confusing set I picked up for \\$50 yesterday. The jacket and shirt are in great condition, but sadly not identified. The Jacket has both 8th AAF and Far East Air Force patches, a

Default Cheap and Weird: 8th AAF/Far East Ike

Cheap and Weird: 8th AAF/Far East IkeCheap and Weird: 8th AAF/Far East IkeCheap and Weird: 8th AAF/Far East IkeCheap and Weird: 8th AAF/Far East Ike

So this is a confusing set I picked up for $50 yesterday. The jacket and shirt are in great condition, but sadly not identified.

The Jacket has both 8th AAF and Far East Air Force patches, and weirdly, there are no Pacific Theater awards on the Ike. The Far East Airforce was destroyed in 1941, so maybe the fellow who wore this was in the FEAF, and after its destruction, went to Europe? I also don't understand the arrowhead on the ETO ribbon. The wings are probably bad, but here's a better look at them anyway. Fake aircrew wings?

I don't think the piece was cobbled together, but I am intrigued by the two different theaters of war being represented.

It appears another member has a similar jacket to yours. At least when it comes to the shoulder patch combination. I'd consider that a good sign!

8th Air Force Ike Jacket with rare FEAF oatch
    Last edited by Luftwaffe 1941; 02-20-2023 at 03:46 AM.

The arrowhead device is awarded for participation in an invasion.