Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Civil Defence Tunic

Article about: Hello folks. Here's something I've been after for a very long time. These are extremely hard pieces of Home Front kit to find, and so I'm ecstatic to finally have one. A Civil Defence warden

Default Civil Defence Tunic

Hello folks.

Here's something I've been after for a very long time. These are extremely hard pieces of Home Front kit to find, and so I'm ecstatic to finally have one. A Civil Defence warden's tunic, 57a Pattern, with the 'a' indicating austerity. Dated 1942, with a label indicating it was tailored by Rego Clothiers Ltd. This appears to have belonged to a senior warden, going on the rank stripes beneath the shoulder titles. I'd therefore guess that this would be worn with a white helmet, rather than the basic level black ones?

There are five War Service chevrons on the right sleeve. All buttons and fitments are present and accounted for, with only a couple of light moth nibbles. A bit of light wear and tear, indicating that this tunic saw some use. 1942 puts it well past the hard days and nights of the Blitz, but it's a wartime tunic, and one I'm very happy to have.

Regards, B.B.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Civil Defence Tunic   Civil Defence Tunic  

Civil Defence Tunic   Civil Defence Tunic  

Civil Defence Tunic   Civil Defence Tunic  

I love this, well done in finally getting what you’ve been after for ages. Are they pricey?

Quote by canti44 View Post
    I love this, well done in finally getting what you’ve been after for ages. Are they pricey?
    Cost me £95 before P&P from a dealer. Not expensive at all in the grand scheme of things!

B.B.

?

Great piece, congrats.