Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cold Sunday fleamarket Canadian Mackinaw ?

Article about: I found this canadian 1952 jacket in a flea market whilst getting out of the wind,a trawl round the internet describes it a shawl collard mackinaw,naval coat and despatch riders coat,any ide

Default Cold Sunday fleamarket Canadian Mackinaw ?

I found this canadian 1952 jacket in a flea market whilst getting out of the wind,a trawl round the internet describes it a shawl collard mackinaw,naval coat and despatch riders coat,any idea of correct description ? It will suit driving my jeep as its warm as toast.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cold Sunday fleamarket Canadian Mackinaw ?   Cold Sunday fleamarket Canadian Mackinaw ?  

What kind of material is it made from mate?...

Its same outer material as ETO mackinaws ive got so good quality cotton canvas with thick wool lining.

Only a guess but i think i'd shy away from the Dispatch rider idea, i'd have thought they'd be a rubberised waterproof material!..

I have a DR coat british and as you say rubberised material,hopefully theres some canadian members out there that can suggest its proper use.

British columbia dragoons in England 1942 wearing a short pattern coat i didnt know about.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cold Sunday fleamarket Canadian Mackinaw ?  

I have moved this thread over the the Western Allies forum in the hope it will get more views.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ok Adrian,thanks.
    Just seen a ww2 coat canadian rubberised short sell on ebay so i expect thats the type used by the dragoons.

I had not seen the coat in the pic before either.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

They had rubberised pantaloons as well apparently only found those through a ebay sale again,im surprised how little i could find on the interweb about canadian equipment ww2 or otherwise,may be im missing a good website ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast