Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Denim BD blouses worn in lieu of regular serge BD blouses during 1944 Normandy operations?

Article about: Hello to everybody on here, To me the above infantrymen are wearing denim BD blouses instead of the more traditional serge blouses - could you confirm this was common practice in Normandy du

?

Default Denim BD blouses worn in lieu of regular serge BD blouses during 1944 Normandy operations?

Denim BD blouses worn in lieu of regular serge BD blouses during 1944 Normandy operations?

Hello to everybody on here,

To me the above infantrymen are wearing denim BD blouses instead of the more traditional serge blouses - could you confirm this was common practice in Normandy during the summer of 1944?

I read somewhere on the forum that Polish soldiers did wear those denim BD blouses as combat uniforms though.

Regards,

Didier

I have seen it in pics from sicily/italy, and dday was june so hot enough to swap into denim. Good pic
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

June 1944 was warm enough for Normans to sleep in the open air at night - that was my father's case as his house was bombed out in the night of June 6.