Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eighth Army Officers Coat

Article about: I was hoping maybe someone would be able to help me identify this coat. A couple months ago I picked up this patched Eighth Army officers coat with prior service in the Sixth Army. Unfortuna

Default Eighth Army Officers Coat

I was hoping maybe someone would be able to help me identify this coat. A couple months ago I picked up this patched Eighth Army officers coat with prior service in the Sixth Army. Unfortunately it was stripped of its officers rank insignia, branch insignia and there were clearly two ribbon bars in the past. It looks like probably a 2 place ribbon bar on the top and a 3 place on the bottom.

Oddly, in one of the pockets I found a Tank Destroyer SSI and a 3 place ribbon bar with a broken post.

The coat is dated 1942 and marked on the inside with A-7477 and the initials "D.J.A." or possibly "B.J.A." The laundry mark is probably related to his Officer Number but I searched the enlisted database for it and couldn't find anything that matches up.

I'd really like to find out more about this gentleman's service! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nice jacket, but sorry I can't help.

Thanks for the thumbs up though Rene!

I may be onto a thin lead. The branch insignia left a shadow on one lapel and looks to be medical. Given the direction of the pinholes in the shoulders it's also not a Lt. and one appears to have a faint shadow of a Cpt.

After pouring through what I could find online of Officer lists I think it might be a Dr. Don Jose Aubertine. All I can confirm is that he was a WW1 vet and served in the Dental Corps during WW2 and attained the rank of Captain. Unfortunately all I can find from the time is his "Old Man's Draft" registration card from 1942 which does not have a service number to match up to the laundry mark.

The search continues...