Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

HBT Camo Label

Article about: Hello, general question on the QM tags for HBT clothing. Is there any significance in the color of print on the QM or manufacturers label? I would specifically be interested in the Red print

?

Default HBT Camo Label

Hello, general question on the QM tags for HBT clothing. Is there any significance in the color of print on the QM or manufacturers label? I would specifically be interested in the Red print on HBT camo labels. Any information on this is appreciated as always.

Don't think there is any real significance as blue can be found as well. With HBT's the only significance is the "Special" marking for the anti gas impregnation chemical & gas flaps. One of my officer's service jackets has the red printed tag.

?

Thanks Rene', any specifics on the anti gas markings that I can verify on the pieces I have. The HBT camo jacket does have the gas flap but does not feel as I have read it should if it were to be anti gas impregnated. Thanks again

Dunno, camo I guess come into a different category as to OD's. my trousers don't have the "Special" designation.

?

Here is the tag in my jacket.
    HBT Camo Label
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HBT Camo Label  

There's no significance to the font color. I know I have a uniform somewhere that has golden yellow colored letters on the tag.

Also, the "Special" designation only refers to the gas flap on uniforms. The anti gas impregnate was a treatment that uniforms were dunked in and not a factory-done process. I've heard that many of the VERY few original airborne jump jackets worn during the D-Day drop still have the smell of the treatment even after 75+ years.

Apparently the treatment made the cotton uniforms less breathable too - which would be a good thing against gas attacks - but made the June heat even more miserable for the troopers.