Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

HELP! Trouble IDing US 82nd Airborne Uniform

Article about: Ohh, i had thought he said he was looking at it. I thought he was looking at buying that jacket, and since it does now belong to him, Carlson77 if you need any help with putting that into pr

carlson77
    ?

Default HELP! Trouble IDing US 82nd Airborne Uniform

Hoping somebody here is better at searching the ww2 database than I am. I picked up an 82nd Medics uniform a week ago and am having a hard time finding who it belonged to. It has all the badges and parts. Jump wings, two stars and arrowhead, 82nd and allied airborne patch, bronze star with V device and campaign ribbons (3 stars and arrowhead on european campaing) and combat medics badge. Awesome uniform but cant figure out who he was. Here is what is in the uniform at multiple locations AB9486 I wish I could search the last four of service numbers. Thanks in advance for any help. Jacket is dated 1941 on QM tag.

Default re: HELP! Trouble IDing US 82nd Airborne Uniform

do you have any pics to show, i would like to see this uniform

carlson77
    ?

Will post some tonight. Thanks!

carlson77
    ?

Here is a pic. Dog tag chain around patches and looks like a parachute piece under the 82nd patch.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HELP! Trouble IDing US 82nd Airborne Uniform  

carlson77
    ?

Also has the overseas cap with medical corp piping. At some point he affixed medic pins to the 82nd patch and airborne glider patch on the cap, I left them there. Came from estate sale.

carlson77
    ?

More photos. Camera isnt the best.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HELP! Trouble IDing US 82nd Airborne Uniform   HELP! Trouble IDing US 82nd Airborne Uniform  

HELP! Trouble IDing US 82nd Airborne Uniform   HELP! Trouble IDing US 82nd Airborne Uniform  

HELP! Trouble IDing US 82nd Airborne Uniform  

you could look through the serial number archives but without a full serial# and name it would be hard to find anything about it. vets do some weird things to uniforms. did you find anything more about it? can you find out the full name of the guy from the info at the estate sell?

Default Re: HELP! Trouble IDing US 82nd Airborne Uniform

Very Cool combat medic class A. Is that an invasion arrowhead on the jump wings? They normally but a star for a combat jump.

In the last photo there is an 'Aerial Gunner' wing over a completely
    different set of ribbons from some other jacket .......... ? ! ?
    Regards,

Steve.

Umm, i dont like this, the patches are way too low, as they should be 1/2 inch from the shoulder seam, not like they are on both sides.

The medical pin stuck into the 82nd patch does not belong there, that is an officers grade pin, and this is an NCO SERGEANT ranking jacket, and the jump wings should have a oval under there, and not placed on the jacket.

If i ever had a troop walking around with his Class A jacket that way, he would NOT be an Sgt. anymore.

Some one that does not crap about the military set that up, with the intentions of trying to rip someone off.

We have regulations in the military, and that jacket would never pass any of them.

Brian

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast