Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help! Unknown Ike jacket

Article about: Hello everyone. Here I'm posting a recent barn find which I can not identify. It's some sort of ike jacket made from wool. It's in dark grey colour. It lacks epaulettes but they weren't cut

?

Continuing...

5. Lining: The lining was actually in grey-blue color as it can be still seen in the inside of the chest pocket and sleeves (3. and 4. photo). In other parts the color faded I think. There are also some pink patches i.e. on the bottom under the waist strap.

Help! Unknown Ike jacket Help! Unknown Ike jacket
    Help! Unknown Ike jacket

6. There are several stitches that may indicate the jacket was reworked (probably from something else). The jacket is completely symmetrical meaning if there is a stitch on the left side, there is also a stitch on the right side in the same part of jacket. Horizontal stitches are found at the front above the waist and on the sleeves.

?

And finally the comparison with the genuine worn out german wool. I think the weave on both fabrics might be "half twill". The item compared to is a ww2 partisan cap made from german cloth. There are some differences regarding the thickness of the thread.

Based on Kohima's reply and if wool cloth, color and the lining of the jacket are taken into account, first thing that comes to my mind is a luftwaffe greatcoat, but I am not sure...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2