Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home Guard Captain's jacket review

Article about: Hi, I'm looking at this jacket at the moment and would be grateful for all comments! I believe that the 10th Norfolk battalion was Norwich City. The unit badges are in line rather than (more

?

Default Home Guard Captain's jacket review

Hi,
    I'm looking at this jacket at the moment and would be grateful for all comments!

I believe that the 10th Norfolk battalion was Norwich City. The unit badges are in line rather than (more commonly) having the battalion number under the county, but I think that this was a feature of Norfolk units. Grateful if anyone can confirm or deny this!

Best regards, Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Home Guard Captain's jacket review   Home Guard Captain's jacket review  

?

Default 2

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Home Guard Captain's jacket review   Home Guard Captain's jacket review  

?

Default 3

?

Hi, I since confirmed that Norfolk Home Guard units typically had the battalion badges in-line rather than stacked vertically. I found a great film covering the Norfolk Home Guard online:-

East Anglian Film Archive: Home Guard, 1940-1945 - at exactly 4 mins in there is an example of this.

Bought the jacket, really pleased with it!

Regards, Paul

Nice jacket mate and really good condition..i love the Home guard stuff,probably due to a childhood of Dads Army

Hi mate, even though I do not collect Home Guard uniforms I can confirm for you that the Norfolk Home Guard indeed did wear their insignia in a row. I know this as I live in Norwich Norfolk and have seen many examples of these over the years , all in the same configuration. Leon.

Nice looking one to me mate, if you dont buy it let me know so i can!
    and yes you and leon are correct Norfolk Home Guard units had the battalion badges in-line.

And dads army rules!

?

Hi Paul good to see you over here at WRF as well a nice 40 Patt BD and IMO the insignia looks to have been on this example for some time as it has settled in an looks to be slightly recessed into the wool I do rather like it myself.

Regards Mark

?

Thanks to all, I should say I got this from Pete at Crow Valley miliataria in Wales, great person to deal with. Turns up a lot of interesting items:- Crow Valley Militaria

Here is the exception to the Norfolk 'in-line' rule.

For more: British 1937 Pattern BD Blouse, Norfolk Home Guard

This one is Great Yarmouth.

Regards

Martin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast