Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

ID'd 1st Army Uniform Group

Article about: First of all I would like to give fellow member 'MAP' a HUGE thank you for giving me the lead on this grouping. If it wasn't for him none of these awesome items would have made it into my co

The binoculars I mentioned arrived in the mail today. They come with the original leather case. They’re marked "Army & Navy" on the outside of the left optic and "Day & Night" on the right. On the bracket that holds both of the optics together it’s marked "MADE IN FRANCE". It’s a bit hard to see but both optics are marked "LEGAND F I PARIS" on the area you put your eyes to.

These are certainly French, but I have no idea what period they’re from. Perhaps this veteran picked these up while in newly liberated France?

ID'd 1st Army Uniform GroupID'd 1st Army Uniform GroupID'd 1st Army Uniform GroupID'd 1st Army Uniform GroupID'd 1st Army Uniform GroupID'd 1st Army Uniform Group

Outstanding pickups! Holy smokes, what a grouping! It's outstanding to see the photos and have the history on this group. Good work Map!

The family of this vet ended up finding even more militaria connected to this veteran. A few days back I managed to strike a deal with them and today the pieces arrived in the mail. I lucked out with this group as it actually included the collar discs that were missing from the Ike jacket. I went ahead and put them back where they belong. The pin holes on the collar lined up perfectly with the discs.

I found it interesting how two Adolf Hitler stamps came along with this group. They’re certainly not the most stunning German war trophies, but I still think they’re an awesome find. The rest of the items in this group are- A sewing kit, military bible, NOS dog tag chain, a money belt, a Red Cross ditty bag, various pamphlets, khaki rank patch, and an old butter knife.

These may not be the most jaw dropping items, but they hold a special place for me since they all belonged to the veteran who wore the uniform I showed in the first post.

ID'd 1st Army Uniform GroupID'd 1st Army Uniform Group
    Last edited by Luftwaffe 1941; 09-10-2021 at 12:49 AM.

MAP
    ?

Good stuff Jarret. I think that the TR "trophies" were sold separately. Not sure what they were however.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I almost forgot the cherry on top!

The family was kind enough to provide me with copies of this veterans discharge papers. These are certainly some of the best documents you can have when researching a veterans service.

Sorry about the photos being flipped, I’m not exactly sure why they’re like that.

ID'd 1st Army Uniform GroupID'd 1st Army Uniform Group

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2