Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Identified Navy Jumper 1.

Article about: This is a navy jumper that I purchased in Belle Vernon Pennsylvania earlier this month. It was in an antique shop, hanging up near the ceiling. I've seen the jumper and pants for years, but

Default Identified Navy Jumper 1.

Identified Navy Jumper 1.Identified Navy Jumper 1.

This is a navy jumper that I purchased in Belle Vernon Pennsylvania earlier this month. It was in an antique shop, hanging up near the ceiling. I've seen the jumper and pants for years, but since I didn't collect navy things, I paid no mind to it. This time around, I did, and bought the Jumper, and the next day, the pants that went with it. I met the seller of the set, who said that she was the Niece of Loyd Lazzari, the sailor who wore it.

Loyd Lazzari was a Seaman, Second Class aboard the USS Enright. Now exactly what he did on that ship is beyond me, because I don't see a white braid, indicating Seamen Rank. It does however, have a ruptured duck patch.

Loyd was a lifelong resident of Belle Vernon, who worked on the railroads in the region until he retired in 1981. He died at the age of 90.

Lovely set Rusty Cheers for showing. I'd be proud to own it

USS Enright (DE-216) - Wikipedia

USS Enright
    Last edited by reneblacky; 02-15-2022 at 09:04 AM.

Rusty,

Lots of information about him on Ancestry. Navy Muster Roles, Veteran Compensation Files and other documents..

Lloyd Joseph Lazzari:

Born August 18, 1924
    Died June 8, 2015

Enlistment Date: June 14, 1943
    Discharge Date: February 16, 1946

US NAVY Service Number: 822-36-07

I believe his highest rating was S2C Seaman 2nd Class..

With this information you could request his records through NARA and possibly find out more information regarding his service.

The Ship he was on, the USS Enright (DE-216) was redesignated APD-66 according to later Muster Roles when Lazzari was on board.

Smitty

?

Excellent find!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

A nice piece of history. Thank you for sharing. I am a bit bias since my father was WW2 Navy, USS Audubon.
    John