Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KD pair of shorts 1941 type real or bad?

Article about: Hello people! I'e posted before about my Crete Tommy that I want to build and after some research I found the correct type of shorts worn on that oeriod by most of the British troops. I foun

Default KD pair of shorts 1941 type real or bad?

Hello people!

I'e posted before about my Crete Tommy that I want to build and after some research I found the correct type of shorts worn on that oeriod by most of the British troops.

I found this one online and I would like your help regarding its originality. It looks right but a bit too good! What do you think?
    There are no dates and marks apart from the codes shown which I have no idea what they mean...

Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KD pair of shorts 1941 type real or bad?  
    Attached Images Attached Images KD pair of shorts 1941 type real or bad?  KD pair of shorts 1941 type real or bad?  KD pair of shorts 1941 type real or bad?  KD pair of shorts 1941 type real or bad?  KD pair of shorts 1941 type real or bad?  KD pair of shorts 1941 type real or bad?  KD pair of shorts 1941 type real or bad?  KD pair of shorts 1941 type real or bad?  KD pair of shorts 1941 type real or bad?  KD pair of shorts 1941 type real or bad?  KD pair of shorts 1941 type real or bad?  KD pair of shorts 1941 type real or bad? 

Any help here guys?

They look to be US made Lend lease.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 10-23-2017 at 03:17 AM.

They appear to be 1941 pattern, but that does not mean they are 1941 in date, especially if as Rene stated they are US made, I don't now when they would have been supplied. It depends on how pedantic you are about what you want for your display.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Ok guys!
    How could we possibly know where they were made? If they are 1941 type and they were made during the war and not much later I think it should be ok for my Crete Tommy... What do you guys think?
    Their price is 40 pounds which I think is not bad if they are ww2 era and not post war!

For reference and comparison, here is what we have in our collection:

My labels were well hidden on these War Aid shorts on the pocket liners. You may want the seller to look deeper into the shorts.

Whether the shorts are good enough for you to be happy with is only a question you can answer. The shorts you show look good but you might be happier to find ones with an original label.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KD pair of shorts 1941 type real or bad?   KD pair of shorts 1941 type real or bad?  

I would be happy to use them but as stated, it is up to you as if they are war aid I doubt they were made before 1943. At £40 I think you might get a correct set for that price if you wait.
    Regards,

Jerry

there is a said to be 40 pattern pair on this site Britton at War item 60262
    Regards,

Jerry

Thanks for the help guys! I will try to find one with the tag still on it as with this one I will always feel like something is missing...
    Jerry B, I think your pair looks very nice and I love the colour too! It looks lovely een if it has no first aid pocket!!

Thank you for that!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast