Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

KD Shorts

Article about: Hi Guys, just sorting out a few bits of kit and I came across these. I have not shown them before, so I thought I would take a few pics and add them here. 1942 dated and Indian made. As you

Default KD Shorts

Hi Guys, just sorting out a few bits of kit and I came across these.

I have not shown them before, so I thought I would take a few pics and add them here.

1942 dated and Indian made. As you can see, they are rather worn and well used. The construction of these is pretty rough with some poor sewing.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KD Shorts   KD Shorts  

KD Shorts   KD Shorts  

KD Shorts  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Here is my Aussie 1942 pair. Also roughly sewn. 5 pockets in all.

KD Shorts

KD Shorts

Oz.

Those belt straps look like they must have been annoying when a Tommy out in the field or desert had a case of the sudden Trots....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

BTF
    ?

I have a pair of Indian made KD shorts (dated 1942) also, but mine never had the 2 straps added. When I bought these, they had no buttons either.

KD Shorts

?

I'm a bit late to this game but I too have a pair (actually 2 pair) of 1942 dated KD shorts. Being as I mainly collect RCAF uniforms, I guess it would be fitting that my KD's are Canadian.

KD Shorts

KD Shorts

Ii also have a couple pair of British KD shorts, both with the double belts and first aid pocket, I'll take some photos and post those in the day or so.

My pair, another variant, with single waist adjuster to the rear behind which is the WD arrow mark L for 1945

KD Shorts  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I promised to post pictures of my two pair of British KD shorts.

This is the first pair, clearly WD marked with possibly a service number stenciled to the waist band. Buttons and buckles appear to be brass. Label has been removed from the rear of the shorts.

KD Shorts
    KD Shorts
    KD Shorts

Second pair with turned up cuffs. Buttons and buckles on this pair are blacked steel? Inside is a stamp with the number 26. Is this the size or manufacturing date?

KD Shorts
    KD Shorts
    KD Shorts

Just a little post to add my US War Aid shorts to the mix.
    Inside they have a US stores Label and a British label.