Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Leather flight Jacket

Article about: First off apologizes for the terrible photos, just snapped them before I left. I found this in an antique mall and was just wondering what period it would be from and any other information t

Default Leather flight Jacket

First off apologizes for the terrible photos, just snapped them before I left. I found this in an antique mall and was just wondering what period it would be from and any other information that’s possible from the pretty poor pictures I have.

Many thanks gents,
    Bodhi
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Leather flight Jacket   Leather flight Jacket  

Sorry about the sideways picture, amateur mistake lol!
    Leather flight Jacket

?

Look up AVIREX Bodhi and you'll see that this is a civ version.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thank you Phil! I’ll leave it be then. Tried looking it up with some different words but I think I probably over complicated it as I couldn’t find anything.

?

They are great jackets to wear

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    They are great jackets to wear
    It's an Avirex A2, and they are very nice to wear indeed. It looks like it could use some love, but if it's your size and the price is right you could consider buying it to wear.

Thank you gents! It’s definitely seen better days and I’ll be honest probably wouldn’t suit me, not for 75 dollars at least.

They are collectables in their own right, but I don't know the prices. Avirex was/is pretty expensive new.

MAP
    ?

I have an Avirex jacket that I bought in the early 80's. Still wear it. Well built.

Bought it from their little store in NYC. If I remember correctly it really wasn't a store at the time. More like a storeroom with some racks set up as they sold stuff through the catalog. I went into the city because I wanted to try them on first. The store name was "The Cockpit".

This is the story of "The Cockpit". Essentially the original outlet before they branched out into Europe as well. Merge the two stories together to get the complete picture I think.

Our Story | Cockpit USA | American-Made Aviator Clothing

$75 is a steal. Looks like it just needs a new liner from these photos. Any competent seamstress could fix that. The leather on this one is similar to mine. Back in the 80's the "distressed" leather was in. That is the way it came. You could also get them undistressed and some I think in horse leather which is super thick and what a some motorcycle riders use.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast