Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M43 Field Jacket (101st Airborne)

Article about: I stumbled across this M43 Field Jacket on eBay that appears to be from the 101st Airborne. I know these jackets and patches are reproduced so wanted to get some opinions on it. The seller s

Default M43 Field Jacket (101st Airborne)

I stumbled across this M43 Field Jacket on eBay that appears to be from the 101st Airborne. I know these jackets and patches are reproduced so wanted to get some opinions on it. The seller states that patch has been resewn, probably post war. Any advice and opinions on this would be very helpful and appreciated!

M43 Field Jacket (101st Airborne)M43 Field Jacket (101st Airborne)M43 Field Jacket (101st Airborne)M43 Field Jacket (101st Airborne)M43 Field Jacket (101st Airborne)

Heres the link to the listing for additional pictures: https://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-M-43-f...19.m1438.l2649

Hi there

The patch has been hand cut back to the edge so looks a good WWII made.

However there was another 101 patch that has been removed , you can see the outline.

Phill

Phill is certainly the expert on patches, The jacket is fine and a good size 40 has the M41 type material liner, but it's pricey so far for my liking. but I am out of touch on values these days!

Quote by chbingle View Post
    Heres the link to the listing for additional pictures: https://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-M-43-f...19.m1438.l2649
    Just a FYI don't share the link to a current auction hey, brings on more competition!

Thanks for the kind words Rene.

One has to ask when was the patch added?

Phill

Quote by Phill Lockett View Post
    Hi there

The patch has been hand cut back to the edge so looks a good WWII made.

However there was another 101 patch that has been removed , you can see the outline.

Phill
    Thanks for the info! Any good tips to identify which patches are WW2 era and which aren't? I'm assuming the patch was added post war, perhaps by another previous collector?

may not have been added post war? there were times patches had to be removed then re sewn on due to ops.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    may not have been added post war? there were times patches had to be removed then re sewn on due to ops.
    Any idea why they wouldn't sew it back over where the first patch was? it's been moved up a fair amount from where it was originally sewn

Simply time and combat uniforms have a short service life and are not there to look pretty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast