Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Merchant Navy Captains Tunic

Article about: Hi all, Another from mmy colllection that I thought I had posted before, but cannot find now. There was a point where the uploader wasn't working and I did have to reset my pictures and some

Default Merchant Navy Captains Tunic

Hi all,

Another from my colllection that I thought I had posted before, but cannot find now. There was a point where the uploader wasn't working and I did have to reset my pictures and some were lost in that.

This is a September 1959 dated merchant navy tunic named to Capt. S. E. Whitt or White, it's difficult to read clearly. I've not been able to find any records matching.

The tunic itself is in a salty condition with heavy mothing around the cuffs and a repairs around some of these. It has ribbons for the 1939-45 Star, Atlantic star, Burma star, WW2 war medal, the Africa star and Queen Elizabeth II coronation medal.

Trying to keep this style of tunic clean for photos without dust or hair showing is certainly not a quick job.

I hope you all enjoy,
    Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Merchant Navy Captains Tunic   Merchant Navy Captains Tunic  

Merchant Navy Captains Tunic   Merchant Navy Captains Tunic  

Merchant Navy Captains Tunic  
    Last edited by Steelhead10; 11-09-2023 at 01:21 PM.

Cool tunics
    -TJ-

I would wonder about how plausible that array of campaign medal ribbons is. But you could probably research Capt Whitt's service record.

Hi Anderson,

Unfortunately I 've not been able to find any record that matches the name. Nor have I been able to find any post WW2 merchant navy records to cross check yet. I will keep digging but the ribbons do appear to match in wear and age.