Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My 127 Garage Sale Haul

Article about: Hey guys, for the last 4 days i was on the 127 yard sale. Which is a sale that spans from Michigan to Alabama on one road. There are thousands of Garage sales and Flea markets (carboot sales

?

Default My 127 Garage Sale Haul

Hey guys, for the last 4 days i was on the 127 yard sale. Which is a sale that spans from Michigan to Alabama on one road. There are thousands of Garage sales and Flea markets (carboot sales). I started with 300$ and am now at 0$ but i hope to make profit with buying and selling. I think the big find of the sale were the photographs, I will scan them and have close ups in a bit. I went through a box of photos for an hour and found these mixed in. It includes 2 SS Soldaten photos.
    Thanks
    Ryan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My 127 Garage Sale Haul   My 127 Garage Sale Haul  

My 127 Garage Sale Haul   My 127 Garage Sale Haul  

My 127 Garage Sale Haul  

?

Nice haul! Does the japanese canteen have the top plug?

?

No unfortunately, but i got it for 15$ so it didn't really matter.
    Ryan

Indeed, a great haul!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks ade!
    Ryan

Forum member Wagriff (William) may be able to help you with research on the navy stuff.

Nice haul! I like the patches.

?

Thanks Moe! I'll send him a message and ask for his help.
    Thanks
    Ryan

Great stuff Ryan....how long did it take you to complete this trek?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

The sale started on the first and it ended at 5'o clock yesterday. We started on the border of Michigan and Ohio and went all the way to Chattanooga Tennessee.
    Ryan

Hello Ryan, Not a whole lot to tell on Carl A. Hughes, as he was not a WWII Vet but was in the Navy in 1951-1954, so the records are limited. This is a quick summary of who he was:
    Carl A. "Jimmy" Hughes was born October 10,1924 in Decatur,Georgia and died March 24, 2013 in Georgia. He graduated from Georgia Tech in 1951 where he was awarded a degree in Mechanical Engineering. He then joined the Navy where he served as a Pilot and Flight Instructor. He returned to Georgia in 1954 and joined Lockheed where he first worked as as an engineer and then as a test pilot until he retired in 1986. He was instrumental in the development of the Lockheed C-130 and the C-5 aircraft.
    My 127 Garage Sale Haul
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast