Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help identifying PINs/PATCHes on uniform and garrison please

Article about: I purchased this uniform and service papers etc a few months ago. I am wondering if someone can help me identify the pins and patches on the uniform. I am a new collector so I don't know muc

Default Need Help identifying PINs/PATCHes on uniform and garrison please

I purchased this uniform and service papers etc a few months ago. I am wondering if someone can help me identify the pins and patches on the uniform. I am a new collector so I don't know much about. Also He enlisted in 1944 but his dog tags have a date of 46, anyone know why that would be?
    Also, the olive Garrison has a paper patch attached to it. Anyone know anything about this kind of sticker/patch? What was it used for?

Need Help identifying PINs/PATCHes on uniform and garrison pleaseNeed Help identifying PINs/PATCHes on uniform and garrison pleaseNeed Help identifying PINs/PATCHes on uniform and garrison pleaseNeed Help identifying PINs/PATCHes on uniform and garrison pleaseNeed Help identifying PINs/PATCHes on uniform and garrison pleaseNeed Help identifying PINs/PATCHes on uniform and garrison pleaseNeed Help identifying PINs/PATCHes on uniform and garrison pleaseNeed Help identifying PINs/PATCHes on uniform and garrison pleaseNeed Help identifying PINs/PATCHes on uniform and garrison pleaseNeed Help identifying PINs/PATCHes on uniform and garrison pleaseNeed Help identifying PINs/PATCHes on uniform and garrison pleaseNeed Help identifying PINs/PATCHes on uniform and garrison pleaseNeed Help identifying PINs/PATCHes on uniform and garrison pleaseNeed Help identifying PINs/PATCHes on uniform and garrison please

Default Re: Need Help identifying PINs/PATCHes on uniform and garrison please

Looks like a 4th Cavalry patch on the left side.

A nice Ike jacket.

759th Tank Battalion patch to the sleeve and overseas cap. They were equipped with Light tanks. They other patch and distinctive unit insignia (on the lower lapels) have been correctly identified as 4th Cavalry Regt. Collar brass is correct.

Rank is that of Technical Sergeant.

Overseas service strips on lower cuff. (One strip = 6months of service)

The small pin on the pocket is for the Veterans of Foreign Wars. He would have joined this on leaving the services.

Medal ribbons, left to right:

Good Conduct, American Campaign, European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal ( plus combat stars) , Victory medal, Army of Occupation Medal.

Dog tags could be replacements? Could we see them please?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Here are the dog tags.Need Help identifying PINs/PATCHes on uniform and garrison please
    Need Help identifying PINs/PATCHes on uniform and garrison please
    Last edited by serialins0mniac; 10-05-2012 at 08:57 PM.

Ade, so do you think these were replacements for lost or damaged tags? Would these tags likely be made in 1946 or is there no way to tell when these were made because the date on 1946 on there doesnt match his enlistment in 1944.
    Nicole
    OH also, that paper 759th patch (for lack of a better word) these were made for the garrisons? I haven't seen one before so I wasn't sure if it was meant for the garrison as like an iron on? It doesnt look like it was ever attached properly or is that just how these things aged?

Thanks for the pics.

These are not dated 1946. Note the "T45": this shows that he had his tetanus immunization and the 46 refers to his tetanus toxoid jab. These are for the valid dates for them.

A nice site here on US dog tags:

Dog Tags

The patch on the overseas cap is certainly non regulation. I would say this one is something done at unit level on a "semi official" basis. It could have even been done postwar for re-unions or the like? More research is need on this to confirm.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

So these tags were made after WW2?

NO. They are wartime.

Cheers, Ade.