Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Please help identify these uniforms

Article about: Hey Gents, Please help identify these uniforms and the time period they were used. Thanks in advance! Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

A34
    ?

Default Please help identify these uniforms

Hey Gents,

Please help identify these uniforms and the time period they were used.

Thanks in advance!

[/url]Please help identify these uniformsPlease help identify these uniformsPlease help identify these uniformsPlease help identify these uniformsPlease help identify these uniformsPlease help identify these uniformsPlease help identify these uniformsPlease help identify these uniformsPlease help identify these uniformsPlease help identify these uniformsPlease help identify these uniformsPlease help identify these uniformsPlease help identify these uniformsPlease help identify these uniformsPlease help identify these uniformsPlease help identify these uniformsPlease help identify these uniformsPlease help identify these uniformsPlease help identify these uniformsPlease help identify these uniformsPlease help identify these uniformsPlease help identify these uniformsPlease help identify these uniformsPlease help identify these uniformsPlease help identify these uniformsPlease help identify these uniforms
    Last edited by A34; 01-02-2023 at 02:38 AM.

Can you post the photos in the the thread instead of a link to a file please? It’ll be easier for folks to access and reference and I hear these links expire and they will not be viewable to folks in the future.

Hi there.

As mentioned please do not outside image hosting sites because the links expire and the thread becomes redundant.

Please don't use picture hosting from other picture hosting sites for the forum

Here is a handy visual guide on how to upload your photos.

Visual Guide to Upload Photos

Kind regards,

Will.

A34
    ?

I uploaded the pics and they were in order and facing the right direction on my computer, but are jumbled here. Sorry about that, hope you can still help.

Kinda hard to speak to specific items since there are so many in one post, but I would say all the items date from late ‘30s to potentially early ‘50s withe the exception of the side cap/wedge cap that is the dark green color, that one is post Korean War era. The belt with the broad buckle I cant help with, I don’t believe I’ve seen one like that before. With better individualized pictures of items the era could be narrowed down for you.

?

The majority of these items date from the Second World War (with, as noted by ‘08, the exception of the green overseas service cap). A little further exploration, inside pockets and linings, should reveal the presence of date labels - try the lower right pocket of the Class-A tunic, for example.
    Some nice items there, that need a little love and attention.

Thank you for uploading your pictures to the thread.

I would recommend starting a new thread for each item with additional photos of each.

Kind regards,

Will.
    Last edited by Willmore; 01-04-2023 at 01:39 PM.

There's enough material here for 10 threads.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    There's enough material here for 10 threads.
    Very very difficult to deal with so many items in one thread without massive confusion and clutter.

The best thing to do is to post one item plus anything directly associated, explain about any provenance or information available and pose your question(s) then repeat with other items/sets.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."