Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Post your fancy stitching's!

Article about: They're hard to find, and very cool. WWII Ike's with "fancy" stitching of patches. Chains, X's, and even A's, post some of your fancy sticthed jackets! Here are two that I have/had

Default Post your fancy stitching's!

They're hard to find, and very cool. WWII Ike's with "fancy" stitching of patches. Chains, X's, and even A's, post some of your fancy stitched jackets!

Here are two that I have/had in my collection as an example.

A 14th Anti-Aircraft command Ike I used to have with "A" stitching.

Post your fancy stitching's!Post your fancy stitching's!

An Ike with both 7th and 3rd Army patches, each with a very unique dogtag chain stitched around the patch.

I'm sure somebody has something out there!

Rusty,

Here is a rather nice and not so common post war Japanese Occupation 11th Airborne Division 4 pocket uniform with a 511th Parachute Infantry shoulder patch for former wartime service, AKA "Combat Patch". Nice cross stitching on both 11th and 511th insignia.

I have several others but this one here I was able to pull some old photos while I was looking for something else and I remembered your post.

Best regards

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your fancy stitching's!   Post your fancy stitching's!  

Post your fancy stitching's!   Post your fancy stitching's!  

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Rusty,

Here is a rather nice and not so common post war Japanese Occupation 11th Airborne Division 4 pocket uniform with a 511th Parachute Infantry shoulder patch for former wartime service, AKA "Combat Patch". Nice cross stitching on both 11th and 511th insignia.

I have several others but this one here I was able to pull some old photos while I was looking for something else and I remembered your post.

Best regards

Smitty

An amazing uniform! My grandad was in the 11th Airborne in Vietnam, nice to see an 11th uniform.

Cool stitching's

My newest acquisition, 3rd Infantry Division Ike with 3rd Army Combat Patch.
    Both patches are sewn with a dogtag chain stitching

Post your fancy stitching's! Post your fancy stitching's!

Even rank chevrons are piped

-TJ-

Beautiful example Finngaill,

Never ceases to amaze me the ingenuity of Soldiers and the pride they took in their uniforms and decorations.

Smitty

71st infantry division , 5th infantry regiment occupation ike.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your fancy stitching's!   Post your fancy stitching's!  

1st AAF shirt