Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RAF Flying jacket

Article about: Hi everyone, a friend of mine has just purchased this Irvin jacket quite cheaply at auction and has asked me to try to find out more about it. The label is missing and there are no internal

Default RAF Flying jacket

Hi everyone, a friend of mine has just purchased this Irvin jacket quite cheaply at auction and has asked me to try to find out more about it. The label is missing and there are no internal markings. It has multiple damages and repairs. Any comments welcome. Many thanks, Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF Flying jacket   RAF Flying jacket  

RAF Flying jacket   RAF Flying jacket  

Love those repairs, really speaks of age, but the cartoon character is more USAAF than RAF I would think.

Thank you for your comment. As it has winged insignia with a crown on the front, I felt confident it had been used by the RAF.

Given that the jacket is hand painted it is possible that he was stationed with the RAF or attached to them, and added it to the jacket in the USAAF. I've never seen an RAF jacket with US style art on the back like that. Not that it didn't happen.
    Last edited by SimonSorenKam; 09-24-2022 at 03:44 AM.

?

It was rare, but it did happen.

I agree it is certainly American in style. Thanks for the comments. I should think its a very rare jacket.