Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Small Pilot Grouping

Article about: This set came out of a local estate sale, cost a grand total of 45\\$. His tunic thankfully was left as is and still has his wings and pins. It was very dusty, no doubt put away and forgotten

Fascinating thread you guys. Well done everyone.

Well I’m back, still not done here I want to find out how he passed away since I’m getting conflicting reports of KIA and DNB. I’ve ordered the book it seems to have records or downed planes, lost crew, casualties etc.

I’ve searched today some and found these, not very much use to the goal unfortunately but still interesting none the less.
    Small Pilot GroupingSmall Pilot Grouping

1940 Census, listed as George’s son, 16 years old.
    Small Pilot Grouping

Well I’m very happy to say I’ve finally found my answers to this group, how he passed, where he passed, why he passed, what plane he was in, and even what the plane looked like.

The pictures are all from the book “Rampage of the Roarin’ 20’s” by Lawrence J. Hickey and Michael H. Levy.

Small Pilot GroupingSmall Pilot GroupingSmall Pilot GroupingSmall Pilot GroupingSmall Pilot GroupingSmall Pilot Grouping

The plane itself had quite a history before it was accidentally crashed by Lt Grinstead. I will include the books summary. Also photos of the plane and its Pilot Lt. Bistika.

Again everything below is pulled from the book, definitely recommend you check out their books if you want to research specific Groups or Squadrons.

Small Pilot GroupingSmall Pilot GroupingSmall Pilot GroupingSmall Pilot GroupingSmall Pilot GroupingSmall Pilot GroupingSmall Pilot Grouping

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3