MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown Bullion Patch Ike Jacket

Article about: I picked a neat Ike jacket the other day on auction while browsing eBay. At first glance the jacket looked to be nothing out of the ordinary, but after giving it a closer look I found a plea

Default Unknown Bullion Patch Ike Jacket

I picked up a neat Ike jacket the other day on auction while browsing eBay. At first glance the jacket looked to be nothing out of the ordinary, but after giving it a closer look I found a pleasant surprise. A beautiful foreign made bullion patch is sewn to the left shoulder. Although it caught my attention, I had absolutely no idea what this patch signified. So.. out of pure curiosity I decided to place a bid.

After getting it in hand I found a faded name written inside, and I’m fairly certain I identified this veteran. His name is 'Lindberg E. Waltman' and his ASN is 13213611. I also managed to find a picture of his tombstone. The rank on his stone matches the patches on his jacket, so that made me more confident in my research.

The patch on the left shoulder is still making me scratch my head though. It’s a beautiful example, but I haven’t the faintest clue as to what it is. Given the early post war enlistment date of this veteran, and combined with the look of its construction.. I’m going to take a wild guess and say it’s Japanese made? But I’m still in the dark as to it’s identity. Does anybody recognize this patch? I would be greatly appreciative of any insight someone might be willing to share about it.

Unknown Bullion Patch Ike JacketUnknown Bullion Patch Ike JacketUnknown Bullion Patch Ike JacketUnknown Bullion Patch Ike Jacket

?

Unknown Bullion Patch Ike Jacket

The patch found on this Ike is surely a nice bullion example representing the United States Military Advisory Group to the Republic of Korea. Known as the Korean Military Advisor Group (KMAG) that began in 1948. It appears to have trained and supplied the South Korean Army essentially serving the same purpose that later advisors provided to the ARVN in the early 1960s before the war in Vietnam.

Korean Military Advisory Group - Wikipedia

Regards, Ben

Awesome!! Thank you so much for sharing this!!

Not knowing what this patch was annoyed me a great deal

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to help me with this!

Hi nice Jacket and yes Japanese made.

The actual patch is Military Government of the US Army Forces in Korea 1946-1949.

The individual was then currently active in the unit.

His right side patch/Former Wartime Service Posts of Embarkation 1944-1947.

KMAG patch authorized 1949-1971,the patch is merrow edge so 1967-1971 era.

Below are two examples from the early to mid 50's, I added the Tab and rocker c 1949-53.

Unknown Bullion Patch Ike JacketUnknown Bullion Patch Ike Jacket

Unknown Bullion Patch Ike JacketUnknown Bullion Patch Ike Jacket

Phill