Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US 6th Army Jacket

Article about: Just added this US 6th Army Jacket to the collection today. I bought it without doing much research but upon further exception I really like it It's named to an "Ernest E Littleford&quo

Default US 6th Army Jacket

Just added this US 6th Army Jacket to the collection today. I bought it without doing much research but upon further exception I really like it It's named to an "Ernest E Littleford", who I have managed to find his enlistment record and date, but nothing more than that. I'm hoping to research this and some of the other service jackets I have, just thought I'd show it here.

US 6th Army JacketUS 6th Army JacketUS 6th Army JacketUS 6th Army JacketUS 6th Army JacketUS 6th Army Jacket

Very nice 4 pocket uniform.. Many of the returning Pacific veterans still had their issue 4 pockets and one reason why you will see many PTO and CBI veterans with these uniforms versus the cut down "Ike Jacket" more commonly found from veterans returning from the ETO and Mediterranean theaters.. Very nice and with the name you should have enough to further research and obtain NARA records..

Smitty

Yep again a nice jacket, two questions- Have you located the tag & has it the bi swing shoulders?

Hey Rene,,

Did you see the belt hooks on the inside of the coat?? Nice early coat. I'll bet the back of the coat has the two belt supports for the brown leather belt...

Smitty

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Hey Rene,,

Did you see the belt hooks on the inside of the coat?? Nice early coat. I'll bet the back of the coat has the two belt supports for the brown leather belt...

Smitty
    No I didn't notice, good spot Smitty! certainly an early jacket then pre 41 yes?

Rene,

I would say so, M1939 possibly.. The US stopped issuing the leather belt very early in the war to save on materials so it modified the uniform and I believe the bi-swing shoulders were one of those modifications.. Would also like to know about the makers tag..

Smitty

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Yep again a nice jacket, two questions- Have you located the tag & has it the bi swing shoulders?
    I checked all four pockets and didn't find a tag. The bottom right pocket had a little bit of stitching and a small piece of tag like material so I'd guess there used to be a tag there at some point. I'm still getting used to collecting these so am not quite sure what I'm looking for referring to the bi swing shoulders haha

- - ------- - -

I'll double check all the pockets again though later tonight to make sure I didn't overlook anything though

Quote by chbingle View Post
    I checked all four pockets and didn't find a tag. The bottom right pocket had a little bit of stitching and a small piece of tag like material so I'd guess there used to be a tag there at some point. I'm still getting used to collecting these so am not quite sure what I'm looking for referring to the bi swing shoulders haha

- - ------- - -

I'll double check all the pockets again though later tonight to make sure I didn't overlook anything though
    Smitty's link here sums it all up, Cheers Smitty

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Smitty's link here sums it all up, Cheers Smitty
    Thanks Brother...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast